Okay so I hate having to do this so soon again, but I took count today and for classes I have to read two books, write seven essays, and study for two final exams, all of which is due in the next two to three weeks. To say I’m busy is an understatement, and I have no time at all to play or write about video games. As such I’m calling a time out until I can get all that done. In the mean time, I can at least give my opinions about a few of the games I have played/beat recently and plan to eventually write full reviews on:
- Sleeping Dogs is a really fun open world game. The brawling is totally inspired by Arkham, but it’s well done and really fun. The shooting is so-so but works well enough. Slow motion is totally overpowered.
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine was fun at first but slogs near the end. The “execute to regain health” system really sucked by the end of the game.
- Dead Rising 3 is the best Dead Rising has been since it started and I love every second of it. I’m totally not biased at all here.
- Ryse: Son of Rome was really pretty to look at and little else. Combat is repetitive and really dull. Only a few hours long.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth is easily the best South Park game since South Park Lets Go Tower Defense Play, which admittedly is not very hard to be. It is, however, hilarious and has a really fun battle system.
- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is an okay 2.5D Arkham spin-off that doesn’t really get anywhere beyond okay.
- Fearless Fantasy is a surprisingly good $7 jRPG, but it lacks much to do outside of the story and the PC port is a little wonky with its controls.
- MonsterBag is a fantastic puzzle game that anyone with a Vita (all three of you!) should grab while it’s on Ps+.
- REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR is a fun SHMUP that is easy to get into and only really takes an hour or two to finish, but has more than enough content to keep fans coming back.
- The Typing of the Dead: Overkill is a lot of fun though not all the changes from light gun to typing work really well
- Dusty Revenge is a not-very-good Shank knock-off with furries
- War in a Box: Paper Tanks is a not-very-good tower defense game that is more frustrating than fun
Hopefully I’ll be back to write again in a few weeks, since I’d really rather write about games. But until then, see you guys soon!